The importance of large, natural environments
The Karrinyup Early Learning Centre has been designed specifically to provide an abundance of natural light and air. The rooms are over-sized, decorated in natural tones and equipped with modern, high-quality resources.
As we educate children, we encourage them to experience nature as something important and beautiful.
“We’re passionate about providing high-quality child care in spacious, natural environments.”
At the Karrinyup Early Learning Centre, the children are able to roam through OVER-SIZED gardens and LARGE nature playgrounds.
What is a ‘garden’?
Well, it’s not a small strip of artificial grass. Nor is it a few wooden plant boxes on a patio or a balcony.
A real garden is a wide-open space outside, with dirt and grass and mature trees. It’s a place where the birds sing and the wind blows. It’s a place where children can run and explore freely.
“Children know what a real garden is… and so do we.”
At Karrinyup Early Learning Centre:
- we’ve provided Childcare services in WA for more than 20 years. (Did you know that some new Childcare Centres open with agreements already in place to transfer the Centre to a new owner after a short time. or soon as the enrolments reach a certain level? Changes in ownership can be difficult and disruptive for children, and families and childcare staff at new Centres are often surprised when this change is announced.)
- we have very LARGE spaces. We have some of the largest Childcare outdoor spaces in the metropolitan area and yet we’re a boutique centre. (Did you know that many Childcare Centres include every possible nook and cranny across the whole property (including reception areas, foyers, balconies, hallways and patios) in their indoor and outdoor ‘play area’ calculations, in order to boost their licences?)
- we have real gardens and playgrounds. (‘Fake nature’ in Childcare Centres may be damaging to children – See the newspaper articles on our NEWS page.)
- we provide care in small groups. (Young children can feel stressed or overwhelmed in large groups.)
- we care for babies. We have a lovely baby playroom and large purpose-built cot-room. (Did you know that many Centres don’t care for babies, or only care for a handful of babies? Or don’t have a proper cot-room? This causes problems for families when a new baby sibling arrives…)
- we have beautiful indoor spaces in a single storey building. (Did you know that multi-storey Childcare Centres can have fire safety and evacuation challenges?)
- we are not located near a busy road. (Did you know that Centres built on busy roads face air pollution challenges? Many local Councils are now recognising this problem and are no longer allowing new Centres to be built on busy roads – See the newspaper articles on our NEWS page.)
- we’ve been assessed and we’re meeting every National Quality Standard. (Did you know that many Childcare Centres have been assessed and found not to be meeting the National Quality Standards? Information about each Childcare Centre’s quality rating can be found at www.acecqa.gov.au/resources/national-registers)
- we are conveniently located next door to the Primary School.
Why choose us for Kindy?
- We’re open from 7am to 6pm. (Did you know that many kindy programs are only open from around 8.45am to around 3.00pm – and morning drop-off must take place within a 20 minute period and afternoon pick-up must take place within a 5 minute period? Also, did you know that many kindy programs only operate on particular days each week or each fortnight – and that this timetable will change several times during the year?)
- We’re open all year, every day, Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays). (Did you know that many other kindy programs close during school holidays – which means they’re closed for 11 weeks or more every year?)
- We’ve been assessed and we’re meeting or exceeding every quality area. (Did you know that many kindy programs have been assessed and found not to be meeting the National Quality Standards? Information about each Childcare Centre’s quality rating can be found at www.acecqa.gov.au/resources/national-registers)
- We’re located in a quiet area, with plenty of fresh air and sunshine. (Did you know that many kindy programs are located on busy roads and face pollution problems? – See the newspaper articles on our NEWS page.)
- We encourage the children to use all of our gardens and play areas. (Did you know that many kindy programs limit the spaces the children can use?)
- We provide all food and snacks, including hot meals. (Did you know that many kindy programs require parents to prepare and pack all food and snacks? In fact, some kindy programs require parents to prepare and supply all food and snacks for their kindy child, even where canteen food is available to school-age children.)
- We help to toilet train. (Did you know that many kindy programs won’t accept children who are not fully toilet trained?)
- Of course, we have suitable toilets. (Did you know that some kindy programs operate in spaces or buildings where the children’s toilets are shared with the public or with other groups? This can pose safety and supervision challenges.)
- We always have plenty of qualified educators on the premises. (Did you know that many other kindy programs operate with only 1 or 2 adults on the premises?)
If you’d like to join Karrinyup Early Learning Centre’s Waitlist, please complete the form on the ‘Contact Us’ page.
Karrinyup Early Learning Centre, Early Learning Centre Karrinyup, Karrinyup school of early learning, Karrinyup childcare, Karrinyup child care, Karrinyup day care, Karrinyup daycare